Thursday 13 February 2014

Why holidays and work don't mix.


I love holidays, I really do. I honestly - if my current financial situation or timetable permitted it - would go to a new city every month, but I can't because it's so hard to catch up on that missed work or study and this is what I'm dealing with right now.

I love working at Colosoul, it's not just rewarding but fun as well but I'm just about to come home from being in Auckland for four weeks and I'm a bit nervous at the thought of facing all the things i've missed and all the catching up I'll have to do when I get back.

That's the worst part of going away - missing everything and being out of the loop - it makes you feel like you're a step behind everyone else, which makes you feel like you're not doing your best job. It's just so much easier to stay at home and focus on work and do a good job but that's not always how it plays out!

I'm back in the office next week Friday and I'm so excited to see everyone and get back into the rhythm of things, re-establish that routine and gain a sense of normalcy so that I can contribute again before uni starts up.

One good thing though for me, has been taking care of the Colosoul Blog. We're working on getting our blog to that point that allows all of you to get a genuine feeling about what it's like to work at Colosoul and also just to learn a little bit about us in turn!

This is my penultimate year of a law and journalism degree and for us law kids this year is absolutely crucial. It's about completing clerkships, gaining practical experience and competing in as many competitions as humanly possible as well maintaining your GPA; but I'm always committed to giving a thousand percent in everything I do and I know that this year is going to be rewarding.

So wish me luck because I bet you I'll be off someplace new soon and have this problem all over again!


- Jenita xo

0 comments :

Post a Comment