Wednesday 5 February 2014

Delights and Discoveries



Introduced via a mutual friend, I one day had a friendly chat over a cup of tea with the then Movie Editor of Colosoul. He encouraged me to get involved with the magazine so I, keen to work on my writing skills, signed up to write film reviews for the website. A few months later, the Movie Editor position opened up and I thought what a great way to explore the happenings of the local film scene and so...here I am.

Cinema in Perth continues to grow and grow. Each summer a new outdoor cinema pops up, the most recent edition being the cosy BamBOO Outdoor Cinema, tucked away behind Luxe Bar. The Lottery West Film Festival consistently brings amazing foreign films to our city, a joy to watch snuggled in a blanket under the stars. The blockbusters continue to delight and entertain the masses, while Luna is ever reliable in providing a fabulous space for alternative cinema. 

Through Colosoul I was able to discover and delight in all that is great in current cinema and, most importantly, help promote what Perth has to offer in film.

Colosoul is full of friendly, motivated individuals who all come together as a team to help each other out and ensure the success of this amazing project. I am so glad to be a part of it!


Thanks,

Hayley

0 comments :

Post a Comment