Wednesday 9 November 2016

Words from Amy King

I am currently the head of film at Lepak Media; our film and photography initiative within Colosoul. This is my first time in a leadership position which is a little scary, but I'm determined to give it my all and to learn what it takes to become a successful leader.

I'm grateful to Colosoul for give me this chance, especially since I've struggled to get work within the arts and media industry for so long. Rejection can feel a bit demoralising sometimes, so this new role has really given me the confidence boost I need to trust my skills and capabilities as a leader. 

I just finished my degree and I'm absolutely exhausted. I had been there for 4 years, but I'm also so glad it's over. It's a strange feeling leaving Uni. For me, Uni was my comfort zone and it became an excuse to put my dreams on hold. 

Now I have no excuse to get out into the real world and pursue them. It can be a tad daunting and overwhelming but I'm determine to put in the hard work so I can start the next chapter in my life and turn dreams into reality. 

I'm really excited about moving into out new Colosoul space, once the stress of moving is over. Our new studio space will be 3x the size of our old one which will give us a lot more creative freedom. So I'm particularly excited about that :D

0 comments :

Post a Comment