Wednesday 24 July 2013

Reviving Teensoul


When I started at Colosoul nine months ago I was nervous to say the least. I had already been given the Teensoul magazine to re-launch after some time of inactivity and with so much creative freedom I had no idea where to start. I was fortunate enough to have a strong team of three from the start and from there we expanded to over twenty writers, photographers and editors combined.
I’m not saying this path has been an easy one, but from early days we’ve gone from Teensoul being a pamphlet, to something with a bit more weight. We’ve been fortunate enough to interview local bands, local start up companies and even shoot a zombie photo shoot, which while advantageous, turned out to be one of the most amazing experiences that Teensoul has created to date.
The true successes of Teensoul aren’t mine though as without my team I’d have just had to write all the articles myself. Without their constant communications and passion for what they do, we’d have no content, no money and no Teensoul.

Thanks team for all your hard work to this point and I look forward to working with you in future issues. It’s been a hell of a ride and there were definitely times when we could have thrown in the towel, but I’m glad we got past that.

0 comments :

Post a Comment